[Newspoetry] Newspoetry CD-ROM

gillespie william k gillespi at uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 12 11:10:46 CST 2000

This got me to thanking...

It would be cool to get a CD-ROM snapshot of newspoetry on Dec. 31st
2000. We might even make copies later and try to include them in the book
or distribute them as a separate item. I guess I don't know if it's
technically possible though, because I don't know the nature of the
scripting. Maybe the indices would only work on a server. Or maybe there
is a way to fossilize the dynamic elements as HTML - to "whack" the site
is one term I've heard.

I thought of this because this festival in Colombia would want us to
submit it on a CD-ROM. But I think it would be cool just to have one.

Someone should be archiving the Web anyway. Those old sites are going to
be really hip, vintage, antique HTML someday.

w w w .
w o r d
w o r k
. o r g