[Newspoetry] time is running out

gillespie william k gillespi at uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 12 16:10:42 CST 2000

To split hairs:

"Y" doesn't have to be in the initial position to function as a consonant,
it just has to sound like the Y in "Yoyo" or "Tokyo."

AnYwaY, at least one of the extant univocalics uses "Y" excessivelY and
indiscriminatelY. Perhaps that makes it not a univocalic but instead a
lipogram on four vowels.

WillYum

w w w .
w o r d