[Newspoetry] WEFT invites your participation (fwd)

chyn at onthejob.net chyn at onthejob.net
Mon Jan 17 15:00:12 CST 2000

***please pass the word around***

Mick Woolf, the station manager at WEFT (local community radio) has
invited SDAS participants and friends to make small 2-3 minute radio skits
on homelessness in the US and in C-U specifically.  He will provide recent
statistics to help. We can use WEFT to record these to minidisc.

These will be aired on WEFT and WILL during a 24 hour piece they are doing
on homelessness Jan 25th. These will then be re-aired on the East Coast to
a larger audience.

Also, Mick has invited us to do performance, singing, etc for about 10-15
minutes at a forum on homelessness the night before the WEFT show (the
24th).

I gave him a tentative "yes."

Do you want to work on this?  Please e-mail me or call me (344-5781) if
you're interested.

I propose that a group of interested people meets for brainstorming
Thursday evening Jan 20 at 8 PM at the school and then for recording and
rehearsing some time that weekend (22nd and 23rd).  Does that work for
you?

Also, for those may not want to work as a group, you can: send me a script
for someone else to perform, send me a minidisc with 2-3 minute labeled
pieces on it.

thanks,

danielle