[Newspoetry] WTO hyperfiction

William Gillespie gillespi at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 18 14:10:49 CST 2000

Hey Everyone!

Andy Gricevich, Anne Geraci, Paul Kotheimer, Frank Lombaer, Rick
Burkhardt, Sam Patterson, and I all started a hypertext fiction at

http://www.newspoetry.com/2000/WTOstory/

I'd like it to run on Newspoetry in early February.

The idea is a hypertext made of multiple simultaneous points of view at
the same event: the historic WTO protest of last year.

I'm accepting submissions and suggestions with a rough deadline of
February 1st. Email me scenes and explain how you think they fit.

I'll act as producer, and assemble the hypertext (accepting input from
anyone), and on February 1st, Mr. Futrelle can act as executive producer
and make the final flourishes, as well as deciding whether to run it in
a single day or as a serial, and when.

Especially needed are scenes by characters which refer to the other
characters. They are all supposed to meet at a coffeehouse called
Machiavelli's.

I can't take handwritten or typed submissions unless already scanned as
my harddrive is full.