[Newspoetry] Start Our Own Radio Station?

Bill Wendling wendling at ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 21 15:29:37 CST 2000

We're east of the Mississippi, so they need to start with W (I think).
You can search for call letters on the fcc site
(http://www.fcc.gov/mmb/asd/fmq.html#sprung1). Here are some which are
open (WPPL is taken):

	WPOM
	WPRU
	WREV
	WCHE
	WUNK

Also sprach Mike Lehman:
} How about WREV (Revolution Radio)?  Remember, the W is silent.
} Or KNWS, POEM (not sure they'd OK that one), WPPL (We, the People),
} WUNK, the Unknown Radio (will the copyright owners consent?)
} Mike
}
} Bill Wendling wrote:
} >
} > Also sprach Mike Lehman:
} > } The People's Republic of Urbana sorely needs its own radio station.
} > } Should Newspoetry apply for a license????
} > } <http://www.fcc.gov/mmb/prd/lpfm/>
} > }
} > WPRU? Sounds neat :)
} >