[Newspoetry] Re: Internet World: Reply All

sigfried at shout.net sigfried at shout.net
Thu Jun 8 14:19:01 CDT 2000

Dear Rob,

I hardly know what to say.  Having worked as a programmer and project
leader for 13 years, much of it doing Windows and DOS programming, I've
had a long time to assemble my reasons for thinking that Microsoft is
the worst thing that ever happened to the software industry -- even
allowing for its one great accomplishment: forcing IBM to support
open source software.  So elaborating on my points could require
volumes.

If you want to win companies such as mine back, I might suggest
reorganizing as an egalitarian workers cooperative.  This would
have the benefit of moving Microsoft from the forces of evil to
those of good while at the same time it would probably get the
justice department off your back.

Beyond that, I would be happy to answer specific questions.

Yours truly,

Sigfried

| Sigfried Gold                        sigfried at onthejob.net |
| (217) 278-3933                            www.onthejob.net |