[Newspoetry] how to reach me

William Gillespie gillespi at uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 6 15:39:23 CST 2000

A message from our founder:

Since retiring as editor, many newspoets have wondered whether I also
changed my name and email address to avoid litigation. Although I have
undergone extensive plastic surgery to avoid being recognized by
Representative Johnson, this message is to assure you that I am
available at all times to offer my opinions on news and poetry.

I have several email addresses.

Use willgill at prairienet.org to advertise your products, to keep me
informed of upcoming events at your church, to fight with other people
on your listserv, or to complain about something I wrote in an email
that may have offended you.

Use gillespi at ericps.crc.uiuc.edu if you wish to have the Early Childhood

Education Calendar on your organization's website updated or to make me
smile at work.

Use gillespi at staff.uiuc.edu if you are a member of my family, or a
friend who hasn't spoken to me in a period no shorter than two
years.

Use unknown at www.soa.uc.edu if you are really confused about something.

Use william at wordwork.org if you wish to discuss future collaborative
online
literary projects, or to submit a 20-consonant poem.

Use william at spinelessbooks.com to place an order for a Spineless Book,
to offer your services as editorial or design consultant, or to discuss
future collaborative print literary projects.

Use william at che.onthejob.net for messages of a subversive nature
including
organized civil disobedience, transfer of illegal funds, or to
orchestrate a bombing or assassination plot.

Use newspoet at shout.net when you are wearing a wrinkled suit and
fedora and are carrying a briefcase containing only an old Underwood
typewriter, a copy of the New York Times, and a halfpack of Camels.

Use news at eliterature.org to keep me appraised of the current state of
electronic literature for the web or for electronic reading devices, or
to discuss the fine art of drinking with writers.

Use gillespi at uiuc.edu for all other purposes.

I hope this clears things up.

Thanks.