[Newspoetry] site design

Peter Folk pfolk at uni.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 17 11:35:02 CST 2000

>Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:16:22 -0600 (CST)
>From: Maiko Covington <mcovingt at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
>
>	Yeah, I find that visiting web pages that are too "kewl" these
>days usually necessitates a quick kill -9 to my netscape before the
>gerbils keel over.

In the end, did they decide to port Windows 2000 to the Gerbil platform
or not?  I remember there was some discussion over whether the increase
in market penetration would make up for the "software getting knawed to
bits" and "cruelty to animals" tech support calls...

Pete

p.s.  Of course, BeOS runs just fine on them, but that's due to the
titanium memory protection that comes standard with a modern OS.  And
with Be's focus on audio and video, the squeaking as the wheel spins
has been practically eliminated, giving it five tasty-food-pellets in
the "Girbil World" rating instead of Linux's four...