[Newspoetry] [Fwd: [MilCom] Six monkeys love a football]

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 27 19:58:31 CST 2000

This gets funny if you make it past the radio geek comments in the first
paragraph.
Actually, there is very rarely anything this "Newspoetic" on my
technical lists.
There may be something else going on in the foothills of the Sierras
than Tom Roach lets on;>)
Mike
PS The "p/p" that is referred to below is a "phonepatch"- a telephone
patched into a radio.  We might have to work that out on the Newspoetry
Radio Newtwork- so named in honor of Mr. Big, not the slimeball.
UHF- a type of shortrange (200-300 miles) radio
HF- Upper Sideband (USB) Shortwave- long range radio
Hickam- an airbase in Hawaii
Travis- an airbase in California
PIREP- a weather report that a pilot makes to help forecasters on the
ground
Mung- he means the H'mong tribe of Laos, exploited as mercenaries by the
CIA