[Newspoetry] FW: SIRENZ PERFORM & ALL-WOMYN'S OPEN MIC:THURS.5/4/00

enslin at prairienet.org
Tue May 2 13:58:56 CDT 2000

Subject: SIRENZ PERFORM & ALL-WOMYN'S OPEN MIC:THURS.5/4/00
Date: Tue, May 2, 2000, 11:35 AM

*
"Poetry is no only a dream and vision; it is the skeleton architecture of
our lives. It lays the foundations for a future of change, a bridge across
our fears of what has never been before."-- Audre Lorde
*

        |       --ALL WOMEN OPEN MIC SHOW w/ SIRENZ--
        |
        |                -thurs. may 4th @ red herring
(oregon/matthews)-

        |       -7:00 PM- women doin'
poetry/song/freestyle/music/welcome

        |               last poetry extravaganza of the year.
        |                       girls, boys, men, women come check it
out,
        |               but only females rock the mic this time around.
===

sirenz is a five womyn, multi-kultural, spoken word tag-team whose
alter-egos trounce around as kathy bardales, courtney glover, bunmi
olowe,sher ratnabalasuriar, and kelly tsai.  we've performed original poetry
(yes, we wrote it) for the stop the hate rally, the unseen/unheard
conference, fiesta, safezone day of silence, the aaa fashion show,
culture shock 2000, the anti-chief foellinger extravaganza, montage open
mics and will be featured at the green mill in chicago on june 25th. so
please come re-live some special magic moments with us, since some of our
shit is out of here come graduation.  take carest y'all and yes, spread
the word.
===

!PLEASE FORWARD!