[Newspoetry] winning lottery numbers

Bill Wendling wendling at ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu
Wed May 10 11:31:48 CDT 2000

Also sprach Maiko Covington:
}
} On Tue, 9 May 2000, Joe Futrelle wrote:
}
} > 33 million Americans below the poverty line.
} >
} > 2 kinds of people; those who buy lottery tickets and those who find
} > that it's not worth their time to buy lottery tickets.
}
} 	Well, 3 kinds of people. There are those of us who bought tickets
} for crazy people living in the Bay Area for a fee and used that small fee
} to buy huge, jelly-filled, sweet, frosted DOUGHNUTS to go with our morning
} coffee this AM.
}
Joel (co-worker) and I had a discussion about this yesterday. My family
liked to buy tickets and day-dream about what we'd do with the money.
Just day-dreaming wasn't enough, we needed that infinitesimally small
chance of winning before it could be fun :).