[Newspoetry] Small news items get small poems

Chris Piuma piuma at flim.com
Fri Nov 3 02:17:50 CST 2000

Nick Montfort pointed Newspoetry out to me, and it seemed like such a
brilliant idea that I wanted to try one out immediately. However, I was
tired of hearing about the damn election already, so I looked for smaller
news to work with.

The original item: http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20001101/od/twist_dc_1.html

The synopsis:

Twixt two Twists
================

Twist twittered: "Twist twists twue Twist. Twerps'll twine Twists!"

Twelve twiddled, twitched, & twirped: "$24,500,000".

Twist twinkled. Twenty-four...!

'Tweren't twilight: Twist's twiumph, 'twas twumped.

Twist's twistesse!

If nothing else, writing this made me wonder why most of the nouns that
begin with "tw" are synonyms for "twit" (and not useful words, like "juror"
-- oh, wait...).

Anyway, hope you enjoy. If not, oh well. But I'll keep reading and perhaps
even writing.

Thanks,

Chris Piuma
Editor, flim, a vaguely literary journal
http://www.flim.com