[Newspoetry] John McCain defeats Hillary Clinton in revote

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 10 17:00:03 CST 2000

John McCain defeats Hillary Clinton in revote
"The Will of the People"

19,000 Palm Beach county Florida voters
chose Republican candidate John McCain over
Democrat Hillary Clinton
in a court-ordered revote of this week's
Presidential Election.

One voter explained, "after a week of listening
to these guys whine, we got together and nominated
some candidates we actually liked,

that we could write in.  After Tuesday I'm not
ever punching another hole in a ballot".

Democrats had bitched about the butterfly ballot,
whereas Bush backers had blithely bragged
bluffing bombastically
(separate checks, separate checks, separate checks, ...)

Not ready for a female president
voters selected the Republican
with a detectable principles
and wrote him in, leaving
all holes unpunched.  A minority
wrote in the first-lady-Senator-elect.

Ralph Nader vanished abruptly from
Democrats' radar screens.
Green-seeking cruise rhetoric, unable to locate Nader,
exploded in Canadian airspace over the Northwest,
showering Vancouver B.C. with sentence fragments and
passive constructions.

Lawyers descended on Palm Beach county,
wildly swinging batons and chanting
"no controlling legal authority"