[Newspoetry] PARTAY!!!!!!!!!

Anne Bargar babs at prairienet.org
Wed Nov 29 16:09:02 CST 2000

XXXX Birthday Action

Now that we have your attention, on Friday, December 1st Todd and Melanie
will both celebrate their birthdays, and though Tom already had his, it's
tradition that Melanie and Tom have a party together.

Aside from all of the boring grad students having birthdays, Anne Barger
will turn one year older at the stroke of midnight on December 2nd.
For those of you who don't know Anne, she is a cool chick who has cool
friends (too many to name here!), and our two circles of friends
definitely need to converge.  In honor of these blessed events, we are
throwing a combined birthday party, and this will be the
perfectopportunity for all of these cool people to be under the same roof.

Now I know some of you are thinking, " I can't go to a party, I blew
Thanksgiving, and now I have a shitload of work to do before the end of
the semester!" (breathe deeply and continue reading)

So instead of coming to a rockin' party where you can see all your
friends, and make some new ones, you'll stay home and:

a) Do 2 hours of real work
b) Clean
c) Watch t.v.
d) Feel guilty
e) Any activity that allows you to procrastinate some more about your
paper on 'Foucauldian Interpretations of Boy Bands'.

Meanwhile, you'll make all of us sad because you didn't come to our party,
and you'll wish you had been there for the beer, the cake, and the
midnight poetry reading.

That's right, there will be a MIDNIGHT POETRY READING by all the birthday
boys and girls, and anyone else that wishes to bring their favorite poem
and recite it drunkenly or otherwise.  You'll laugh, you'll cry, and quite
possibly you'll hurl (depending on if we read our own works in progress,
or not)!

As for those who are not blessed with the experience of being a student
(or have escaped that hell), you have no excuse, and your ass better be
there, or you'll look like more of a loser than the grad students will:)

So bring your bod, your beer, and your favorite book of poetry and join
three Sagittarians and a Scorpio for much merrymaking this Friday at
Anne's house.  The work can wait one more day, and you'll feel so much
better for having partied with us!!

Directions and other incidentals:

Directions to Anne's house: The address is 203 E. Oregon- about 4 houses
west of Vine Street in Urbana, and 2.5 blocks east of Race.  Look for the
run-down house with the blue porch light.

Please bring your own alcohol, but we'll provide the chips, cake, and
mixers.

That's at 9 pm, ya'll
-Anne