[Newspoetry] Sign *This*!

Sam Markewich 2 s7markew at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 30 03:12:36 CST 2000

"Hey Gang, uh, This is Just a Thought I Had That I Kinda' Thought Might,
uh, be, Like, Important, or Something, You Know?. : a critique in the
form of a wicket poorly constructed poem in the form of an avant garde
palindrome."  (subtitled, "Sign *This*!")
Offered by Sammy "Vote No for President" Markewich.

The vote is unpopular
Yet, the candidates are not
So, many leftists now fight
Over who should be might
As if the concept of rights is infallibly right --
and limited too to what's already always already right.
As if the consortium of votes should all go to Gore
Because Bush's a republican
And therefore more malicious
So, for the sake of democracy Gore's democratically non-pernicious?!
Or even more palatable, even a little?
My mind plays a different tune on its own personal hypothalamic fiddle
One hopes Gore would be unpopular as the votes are for Bush
Because Bush or Gore in the seat of great power
is reason to run to a corner and cower and go fucking nuts throwing cots
at the guards and attendents.
Indeed, the seat itself is reason enough that even were Nader there I'd
say, "See you later!"  'Cause that would be like Luke Skywalker trying
to learn how to run the Death Star on automatic pilot benignly.
So, now all of a sudden because Bush isn't playing fair with popularity
Gore should be president?!
It's pathetically frustrating that so many now choose to fight for such
things when popularity for beneficent change further rots in the wings,
left apparently as much as right.
Now, I already know that what's right is wrong, that a winter with W.
Bush would be unbearably long, longer than one in Siberia.  So, it
brings me to wonder with a gub to my head and a hole in my wallet that
not even Evil Cannevil could jump across, what's left anymore when so
many leftists are fighting for Gore, as if fighting against Bush is a
revolutionary war and fighting against the presidency is not.