[Newspoetry] Radio Free Newspoetry - Wednesday 8-10 PM

William Gillespie gillespi at uiuc.edu
Fri Oct 6 08:45:27 CDT 2000

[bulleted list]

* NEWSPOETRY RADIO
* WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 11th 8-10 PM CST
* WEFT 90.1 FM
* http://www.webradio.com/weft
* NEWSPOETS WELCOME!

[oral interpretation]

(Ahem) It is with significant pleasure that I announce (sniff) that the
very next episode of Newspoetry Radio will be stereosimulcast on 90.1 FM
and http://www.webradio.com/weft (cough) from 8-10 PM CST this upcoming
Wednesday. Yes, yes, well, it shows every sign of being a, shall I say,
Grande Affaire, and I am most pleased to invite each and every one of
you to participate. Yes, by all means, it would be lovely to entertain
the assistance of some spirited newspoets to discuss news and poetry on
the date in question. R.S.V.P.-ing is, shall I say, helpful to me, but
not by any means a prerequisite to your participation. (hack)  If you
have ideas for how to present your newspoems in an acoustic fashion -
such as employing multiple voices, sound effects, or music, I would
certainly help you cogitate on how to succesfully realize your (ahem)
vision. I recommend that you correspond with me via electronic mail or
somesuch telecommunications media. I mean medium. (sneeze)
Coincidentally, the date in question, October 11th, is a significant
date in history inasmuchas events occured, ah, on that day, which did
not, er, occur on other dates. More information on this shocking
coincidence is available on Eclectic Seizure's 2-day-old website at
<http://www.wordwork.org/eclecticseizure/001011.html>. Very well then, I
believe I have said everything that I, uh, said. And now I must go pee.
Thank you.