[Newspoetry] poem

Anne Bargar babs at prairienet.org
Sat Sep 2 13:37:19 CDT 2000

The Bridge Column

In the eigth round Wednesday, the American Open team defeated the
front-running Austrailian team with considerable help from the diagramed
deal.

Bush and Gore reached a highly optimistic running mate contract after
bidding that requires some explaination.   "It's part of his executive
compensation package," said Bush.  Three no-trump showed military
preparedness
interest, and four diamonds was Last Train, indicating a willingness to
stump in game but some uncertainty.  Bush's military preparedness bid
showed 3 key cards and Bush said, "I think Haiti was a failure-$2
billion."

Gore's five no-trump bid, suggesting a Labor Day rally with the AFL-CIO,
and Bush's ranting were both agressive actions.

The normal debate contract presents some problems, and Bush isn't giving
in, wanting to "explore all (better) options."  But "It's hard for me to
say until I know what all the options are."  But Gore found a way.  Since
Cheney had not traded in his stock options yet,he inferred correctly that
his wife Lynn had been paid as a director of Lockheed Martin Corporation,
a major defense contractor, since 1995.  He won the opening trump lead in
his hand, led with a ten-year income of $20,677,742, and discarded
$209,832 (1 percent) to charity when Lieberman played low.

He then ruffed his small financial disclosure, cashed a tax return, and
released information on his skyrocketing income.  The diamond king was
cashed, and the diamond king was ruffed by a tv ad that assails Gore.

Another US energy policy ruff was followed by two trump winners, and
Lieberman found himself squeezed in the defense shield.

This remarkable effort brought home the grand slam, gained 13 imps for the
Americans, and proved to be a conflict of interest.  They would have
violated 17 imps and the land-based missile system if the grand slam had
failed, for in the end Austrailia bid and made 6 debates.