[Newspoetry] technical notes, poem announcement

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 7 17:08:07 CDT 2000

Hello Newspoets,

I added a little Newspoetry icon to the site which appears on the
address bar and in the favorites menu in IE.

Tomorrow Newspoetry will unveil its new look, developed in conjunction
with Nick Montfort consulting.  NMC is a privately-held firm devoted
to improving click-through, page views, and cash flow for strapped
internet sites who have burned all their VC and whose employees are
clamoring for cash in lieu of stock options.  (You know who you are!)
With our new "portal" look, we hope to increase mind-share and to
become the premier site for newspoetry consumers, producers, and
shoppers.

We've also added a sophisticated user-tracking system which gathers
statistics about visitors to the site, including hat size, sexual
orientation, and favorite Beatle.  We hope this goldmine for
advertisers will begin to generate significant revenue for our parent
corporation, Schneertz, who have been threatening to sell us to Emulex
if we don't start to turn a profit.  Our privacy policy has been
crafted to contain the necessary wiggle words.

Editor-within-chief,
Newspoetry-Schneertz dot com
Assistant to the Acting Interim Associate Vice Substitute,
Associated Poets
Person