[Newspoetry] Bush Promises Change to Laws

Wendy Edwards wedwards at ntx1.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 18 12:04:12 CDT 2000

Bush Promises Change to Laws

In a campaign speech Sunday, George W. Bush promised to repeal one of the
laws of thermodynamics if he is elected president.  "Although most of the
laws of physics have served America well, entropy is a challenge to the
fundamental order within our nation," commented Bush.  In a related story,
his opponent, Al Gore, was busy tweaking the code for the Internet, one of
his inventions.  "The volume of users on the Internet has increased
exponentially since I first invented it," noted Gore, wearing a 2600 Defcon
T-shirt and sipping a Jolt cola.  "I figured I'd just hack together a few
Perl scripts to tune the performance a little."