[Newspoetry] The Dozens

Benjamin C. Blanchard bblancha at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 29 16:15:13 CDT 2000

Bush:

America's need for oil had increased 14 percent

and I feel much better about my fall from grace.

They hit me with a rock and made a dent

I fled to my own bedroom palace

Gore:

We don't have to be weighted down by old energy policies

left in the rain since 1943.

Like a dream that flows in rivers of despair it flies

And all got up and left at once

Bush:

Imports have increased by more than one-third

because life is too short to think about why...

The structure of smiling is seldom a bird

All I keep asking myself is, "Why? Oh, why?"

Gore:

Held back by those for short-term profit over families

when I heard about his widowed bride

wither the tempest lies

Can we change the tide???

Bush:

I know the human being and the fish can coexist peacefully

and quaff half a pint of slurry

Marred by Sal Rauso's thieving folly

The soldiers on both sides fought in a frenzied flurry

Gore:

The heat families will need this winter

Till the cows come home and we all spew

Goga, Oh Goga, what do you do ?

with sand in my laces I said to the shrew

Bush:

They may own the oil, but America offers it's protection

Far better than my bleeding

almighty Lesbian television

The fighter bums are wiggling and waggling and beaming.

Gore:

America will invest in entrepreneurs

I thought that rash had cleared up for good!

We gave of the flower and said it was ours.

And now I think it's time for food.