[Newspoetry] "Paste content" wrong-headed

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 16 16:55:17 CDT 2001

http://www.dailyillini.com/apr01/apr16/opinions/stories/letter04.shtml

I strongly disagree with the sentiments expressed in "Headline for
letter04".  If the author of this so-called "letter" thinks I'm going
to just go ahead and paste content there, he or she has another thing
coming.  My ideas aren't "content", thank you very much, and I will
not accept that characterization.  Maybe if the author of letter "04"
(what's with the number? some sort of cliquey in-code?) had bothered
to drop the curt, imperative tone, I might consider pasting content.

But as it is, I can only assume that this letter and its
self-proclaimed "headline" is a wrong-headed affront to its readers,
who it treats simply as content providers to be ordered around as if
we were all soldiers at boot camp.  It disappoints me that the
readership of this fine publication can think of nothing better to do
than bully people into pasting.

And one more thing: no thanks, I do not want a "printer-friendly"
version -- not until the letter itself is "reader-friendly".  I'm
afraid that until the author of this letter learns some common
decency, I'm just going to have to go and "paste" my "content"
elsewhere!

Sr. Research Programmer
NCSA