[Newspoetry] other things I wish Colin Powell would say

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 17 17:01:06 CDT 2001

Other Things I Wish Colin Powell Would Say

President Bush, your proposed tax cut is an excessive response to
provocative comments from lobbyists and threatens to disrupt the
budget process.  I urge you to back off.

Justice Scalia, the majority ruling of the Supreme Court that George
W. Bush should be considered the winner of Florida's electoral college
votes in last year's election is an excessive response to the
provocations of questionable Republican insiders.  Please cease this
scorched-earth judicial policy lest the situation fly out of control.

Representatives of the FTAA, your proposed trade scheme is an
excessive acknowledgement of the provocative cries of multinational
coroporations eager to disrupt the working conditions, human rights,
and environments of Western Hemisphere nations, for their own gain.
Restrain yourself or the sustainability process will be irreparably
harmed.

editor-for-chief
Newspoetry daught com