[Newspoetry] resting upon said laurels

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 3 11:10:43 CDT 2001

Dearest Newspoets,

You are totally kicking butt.  We are now a full two weeks ahead of
schedule.  In the queue are such fine poems as Paul K's haikus, Chris
P's reverse haikus, Kathryn M and Ben E's cut-up collaboration, Brian
H's missing pen allegory, Anne B's presidential dream, Nick's rags to
riches Microsoft story, William's Johnny Werd story, John W's
real-life Tim Johnson encounter, and John N's twisted tale of BSA
discrimination.

This couldn't have come at a better time b/c on Saturday I'm leaving
for a 2-week vacation.  I'll be in sporadic email contact but
unfortunately I don't have internet access at the beach ;)

Anyway, I just want to thank everyone for writing and let you know
that you all can take a vacation too if you want because we're all
full up for two whole weeks.

editor-until-chief
Newspoetry daught calm