[Newspoetry] pimping in the public interest

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 24 15:39:02 CDT 2001

Speaking of which, vacation's over people, let's get back to work
here, OK, people!?  We're just days short of running out of poetry and
you know what that means: write or you'll have to read my poetry.  We
don't want that, do we?

here are some possible topics:
- Jesse Helms's decision not to seek re-election
- shark attacks!!!!!!
- um, ... Gary Condit?
- the vanishing surplus
- wildfires!!!!!!!
- shark attacks!!!!!!!!
- the ford/firestone settlement
- the latest ABM rhetoric
- the guy with the artificial heart (the poem for that practically
  *writes itself*, people!)
- the rigged McDonald's monopoly game
- shark attacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 03:26:37PM -0500, Joe Futrelle wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/south_asia/newsid_1507000/1507815.stm
>
> Uh oh, I sure hope no one finds out the various schemes I've been
> using to get people to write Newspoetry! ;)
>
> --
> Joe Futrelle
> editor-until-chief
> Newspoetry daughdt com