[Newspoetry] Bush Declares War on Obesity

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 14 23:23:20 CST 2001

Bush Declares War on Obesity

Bethesda, MD (Associated Poets):

Surgeon general David Satcher announced today that obesity is responsible
for 300,000 deaths per year in the United States, many times the number of
people killed in the September 11 attacks.

George W. Bush was speaking to a group of retired shoe salesman and was
hastily called away by secret service agents.

In an address to the nation from the Oval Office, he had strong words for
the perpetrators of this, the largest crime on U.S. soil in three months.

"Today, America was attacked by the very food we eat.  We will find the
perpetrators of these evil, despicable acts of gluttony and bring them to
justice.  We will smoke them out of their smokehouses.  We will make no
distinction between the cinnamon buns and triple cheeseburgers and the
restaurants who harbor them."

Analysts interpreted this as a veiled threat against McDonald's, a
well-organized network of franchises which operates training camps known as
"Hamburger University".

Members of the Bush administration have already begun to call for greatly
expanding the powers of the Food and Drug Administration, including the
power to detain clowns indefinitely without bringing charges against them,
and the right to seize information from local police organizations about
the location of donut shops and other locations suspected of aiding in the
production of weapons of mass consumption.

editor-within-chief
http://www.newspoetry.com/