[Newspoetry] thanks and assignment

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 24 18:54:03 CST 2001

Hello Newspoets,

Unless I've forgotten someone's poem, there's just one day left without a
poem in 2001 -- Dec 31st.

It was quite a year for Newspoetry.  I just want to thank Associated Poets
Sandra, Ranjan, Anne, Nick B., Newton Bigelow, Ben B., Rick, Lorien, Mark
T. Colby, Bethany, Maiko, Bryan C., Ryan E., Wendy, Ben E., Robert Klein
Engler, Mark Enslin, Michael Feltes, David Fruchter, my dad, my sister,
David Gherig, William, Sigfried, Andy G., Brian H., Kurt Heinz, Isidor,
Brian K., Pauly K., Mike L., Sehvilla, Sam M., Kathryn Matsen, Sascha,
Nicky, John Newmark, Mark Nye, Sam P., Chris Piuma, Daniel Pleck, Clint,
Bob Porter, Julie Price, Rettberg, Anna, C. J. Smith, Dirk, Adam Tobin,
Lawrence Toof, John Wason, Brandy Watts, Bill W., and Rob Wittig for
writing Newspoems this year and to everyone else who's contributed.  Thanks
to William for creating the idea and the site and to Bill and Zach for
tag-teaming the handling of the mailing list.  Thanks also to Scott for
setting up the interactions reading in Chicago and to Nick, Nicky, Ranjan,
Anne, William, and Paul for reading at it; and thanks to everyone who's
invited us to read including the UC IMC, AWARE, the Eclectic Guy, and
others I've forgotten.  Thanks to Sandra and the Public I for printing
Newspoems and to the poets for their permission to do so.

Anyone in the greater Urbanaland area feel like doing an end-of-the-year
reading?

Here's an assignment going back to the beginning of newspoetry.com: write a
newspoem in the form of new year's resolutions.

http://www.newspoetry.com/1999/990101.html
http://www.newspoetry.com/2001/0101.html

Joe Futrelle
editor-within-chief