[Newspoetry] poem

Anne Bargar babs at prairienet.org
Mon Feb 12 21:28:11 CST 2001

two incongruent halves of the same hallucination

the best line that i read last week was something that the times said
about dubya being a bipartisan luv machine, which i found to be both a
funny and grotesque thing to say; you don't want to know who your national
leaders are getting it on with even if its only a metaphor or unless it
causes a scandal worth hearing about (but whether or not this ever happens
is debatable) after all it all just reflects on the political process of
the day and whether or not you ever can not be some kind of whore if
you're going to be a political creature even if you were born into
billions in both profits and stock options  but what if those stock
options turned out to be really horribly disgusting slime-covered mold
beings from another galaxy that have been using our greed to control us?
what happens when they rise up from the depths and eat us?  have they just
been looking for the perfect time to lunge to the surface of whatever
toxic waste pool they've been lurking in and haul us under, to torture us
for as long as they damn well please before sending us off to their home
planet of vhlsfhslkfgjhdksfgjksj to be enslaved or eaten? is that what
dubya promised his backers, to send us all off to be the slaves of
outer-space mold beings?  so we could miss all the scandals of debatable
quality and not raise an objection to every stupid shortsighted thing that
he did?  and what are these creatures look like, hmm?  how many eyes do
they have?  are they over one story tall and what color are the tentacles
that they may or may not have?  do their spaceships stink like really old
underwear and rotting junk food the way that some dorm rooms are known to?
are we gonna be able to ever get a ride en masse back across the galaxy or
are we just gonna be restricted to large air-permeable plastic cubes
filled with other people who, upon first examination, will most likely not
be as annoying as they will eventually become?

damn.  we're fucked.