[Newspoetry] NPR and Kuwait

Peter Miller peterm at shout.net
Fri Feb 16 12:25:42 CST 2001

You're right, it's neither an apology nor a retraction.  I think I heard the Kuwait announcement yesterday.

And, incidentally, NPR disconnected the phone line for their ombudsperson.  When NPR created the ombuds position, they advertised the office's phone number on-air, so I wrote it down.  I tried using it for the Kuwait incident, but the line wasn't functioning.

If we want public broadcasting that we *can* trust, I think we'll need to work for it.  The Center for Independent Public Broadcasting is taking steps in that direction:  http://www.cipbonline.org/

-Peter