[Newspoetry] ***SERIOUS FOLKING MUSIC!! DON'T MISS IT!!***

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Sat Feb 17 00:22:50 CST 2001

*****PETER AND LOU BERRYMAN*****
authors of the song "Your State's Name Here:____" and other favorites
FRIDAY, 2/23/2001 at THE HOUSE in DeKalb!!
details on their website : www.louandpeter.com

paul kotheimer (that's me) writes from Vancouver:

 "I'll be there with or without bells on, BUT i'll going from my mom's in
south suburban Chicago, and so cannot offer rides to Urbana-ites who want
to attend, unless you'll already be up north for some reason.  e-mail me
or give a call at 708-423-8775 after the 20th if you're thinking of going,
or just to say howdy.  Also, I know DeKalb pretty well, and there's a
great place to get a coffee and a sandwich after the show.  it's an
all-night diner called The Junction, where I used to hang when I spent
weekends with friends at NIU. I'd love to be able to go there, ten years
later, with friends from the People's Republic of Shampoo-Banana!"

Rick Burkhardt writes from Sandy Ego:

This is a heads up to let all know that Peter and Lou Berryman, authors of
some of my favorite songs of the past millenium including Hard Work and
Perseverance, Your State's Name Here, Only an Hour Away, etc. are playing
at a place called "The House" in DeKalb, IL, next Friday evening (that's
the 23rd of Feb), at 9:30 pm according to the info.  You too can see this
info by going to their website

www.louandpeter.com

or the House's, though it's a little vaguer

www.thehousedekalb.org (I think)

If I was within three hours (and I think Urbana is much closer), I'd be at
that concert with bells on.  I have already warned them that there may be
some audience members singing along to "Your State's Name Here" with
suspicious accuracy.

Fa La La etc.
Rick