[Newspoetry] imc opening

Brian Hagy bhagy at onthejob.net
Sat Jan 13 17:33:24 CST 2001

The Independent Media Center will be officially opening it's doors to the
public this coming Friday, celebrating with an Open House party starting
at 8 pm.

In light of the political spirit of the IMC, we (as the party planners)
would like to know if any newspoets would like to read their or any
newspoems at the event.  we would like to feature local talents that
intend politics to be a central part of their art...hence newspoets are on
the top of the list (along with good ol' paulie k, of course...and rick
and andy, if they were in town).  it would be great to have a half hour or
so of a newspoetry reading.

any takers?  any movers and shakers?  any candidates?

thanks
brian