[Newspoetry] trees

Anne Bargar babs at prairienet.org
Thu Jan 18 16:34:19 CST 2001

Hey everybody,

	I'm sending out the City of Urbana contact information regarding
IP's proposed  vegetation management tariff.  Basically, you can send
comments to Tod Satterthwaite and he will forward them on to the ICC.  I
sold him some coffee this morning, and he said that we need as many
comments from concerned citizens as possible,  Say whatever you feel needs
to be said, basically; since I can't speak to the issue of property
values, I'm working on a letter addressing other topics (which is
currently three pages long).  I'm encouraging people who don't live in C-U
to write as well; the words "tourist dollars" might be good for the ICC to
read.

	I attended the City of Urbana citizen input meeting last night,
and nothing that happened came as a surprise.  The IP representative tried
to answer questions by not actually answering them, and people stood up
and gave their input.  Our friendly IP representative stated that he was
there to listen, and then spent the first 45 minutes of the citizen input
part of the meeting standing out in the hall.  Some of that time was spent
talking to the media, but part of the time he was just standing there.
Most noticeably, he wouldn't answer the question as to why this was even
necessary, except to say that IP was committed to providing reliable
service.  Hmm..Ok, well, I've said enough for now.  here's where to write
(you can even email your comments).  Please do-I don't want to have to
lock myself down to that tree, but dammit, I will if I have to!

Written comments: Mayor Tod Satterthwaite
		       400 S. Vine St.
		       Urbana, IL 61801

email: tfsatterthwaite at city.urbana.il.us

-babs