[Newspoetry] The National Endowment for Missile Defense Requires Your Support

Scott Rettberg rettberg at eliterature.org
Tue Jul 10 13:09:29 CDT 2001

The National Endowment for Missile Defense
Requires Your Support

             It only costs 1.8 Million Dollars
For a missile to blow a missile out of the sky
                And Americans love performance

ART

             Even when it misses

                  Remember the fourth of July?

As a tribute to President Ronald Reagan

         My administration will focus

On defending the American members of the

         manned space station from their

Italian, Russian, French, and Japanese

         conauts with an impenetrable

              faith-based

             supercool

              top priorty

missile shield man can you imagine the remote

              control for this thing?

I'm feeling pretty stupid with just a red phone

       even my daughter after three margaritas looks

       more impressive in front of a playstation

       with tomb-raider going than I do in my office

       which is round

             but I got satellites circling, I got that

        and I got top-secret pictures of rogue nations

             just chock-full of rogues and I got to

        fast-track that for my children's children and their
        children's children and their children's children

 and so on this guy Putin he's a great leader maybe we can
 get him in on it what with the Jews and Arabs stirring things
 up you need to think about the energy crisis and how California

             even with all their leftist electoral votes
             can't dig themselves out of that mess without
                      Texas drills which if you think about

 it look like laser beams and particle beams and missiles that
 can blow missiles out of the sky

              highly classy-fied

             like a de-fence around us

                  like a bubble that will never burst

             the so-called scientists

                   have proven wrong time and time again

             when it comes to prosperity

                        which is oil.

             more tests are required my fellow Americans

                         and I'll be out there, I promise

             on the front lines, grilling some babyback ribs and watching

             missiles blowing missiles out of the sky.

                        laura couldya pass me the lemonade?