[Newspoetry] Cow Not Seriously Injured

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 12 11:07:17 CDT 2001

Wednesday July 11 2:02 PM ET

Cow Falls Through Roof, Hurts 1

ANKARA, Turkey (AP) - Ethem Sahin thought his friends were kidding when
they told him how he ended up in the hospital.

But they witnessed the cow fall through the roof of the coffee house
where they were playing dominoes and knock Sahin unconscious.

``My friends told me later what happened. I couldn't believe it,'' Sahin
told the Anatolia news agency.

Sahin's wife, Rahime, was equally incredulous.

``They told me that a cow fell on top of my husband,'' she said. ``I
thought they were kidding me. May God protect us from a worse
accident.''

Sahin was treated in the hospital for a broken leg and needed seven
stitches to his forehead after the freak accident Tuesday in the central
Anatolian city of Nevsehir.

The cow apparently wandered from the hillside where it was grazing onto
the roof of the coffee house, which was built into the side of the hill.

The cow was not seriously injured.

Editor’s Note: This is actual news, not Newspoetry.