[Newspoetry] "anlyzstrlz" not working

Sehvilla asta at advancenet.net
Sat Jul 28 16:05:02 CDT 2001

Hi folks,

my dad has just informed me that for some reason, my username,
"anlyzstrlz", is not working (and therefore will not recieve email). If
you reply to a message I've sent, I'll get the message, but otherwise it
won't work.
	Until I get this straightened out, please send me mail at
"asta at advancenet.net" (it goes to the same place as "anlyzstrlz") or at
"biotech1901 at yahoo.com" (which I ordinarily reserve for
pro-and-anti-biotech listservs and newsletters).
        Thanks,

Sehvilla - anlyzstrlz at advancenet.net
ATTENTION ALL WHO EMAIL ME: please send your mail to
"anlyzstrlz at advancenet.net" and NOT "asta at advancenet.net". Though they
both go to the same place, "asta" is my username and NOT my email and I'm
going to put an end to it soon.
Thanks.
_____________________

"...Monsanto's own tests showed increased levels of mastitis, a painful
udder infection, in cows injected with rBGH. According to food safety
experts, increased levels of mastitis would force farmers to use more
antibiotics, which would be more likely to contaminate the cows' milk.
rBGH milk would also spoil faster because it contains more bacteria and
has a higher "somatic cell count" (translated into layman's language, this
means that the milk contains "more pus")."
  John Stauber and Sheldon Rampton, "Toxic Sludge is Good For You"

"...But aren't these fears [about the safety of Monsanto's new technology]
just that -- fears without evidence? The problem is that Monsanto has a
record...The company manufactured virtually all the PCBs in the United
States until they were finally banned in 1976, and taxpayers are still
shelling out to clean up PCB-riddled waste sites. Monsanto also
manufactured Agent Orange, which is linked to cancer and reproductive
problems in Vietnam War vets. And the company makes pesticides, which
contaminate ground water. According to the Environmental Protection
Agency, Monsanto is a "potentially responsible party" at 93 Superfund
sites. In other words, this is a company that has put its faith in
technology before without bothering to properly research the consequences
[or to deal with them - editor]".
                       -- Molly Ivins, "Let's Go Back to Maroon
                          Bluebonnets", Jan. 4th, 1999
www.purefood.org/monlink.html

"I don't think that schools or childhood ought to exist to serve the needs
of business. It ought to be the other way around."
                                  - Jonathan Kozol