[Newspoetry] Re: Newspoetry Bibliography (fwd)

gillespie william k gillespi at uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 4 09:42:31 CDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 14:38:46 -0000
From: Sam Patterson <newspoet at hotmail.com>
To: gillespi at uiuc.edu
Subject: Re: Newspoetry Bibliography

William,

I just found this msg in one of my filtered folders.  I program my computer
to keep out porn and it instead keeps the poetry out, the porn still comes
regularly.

I think  your limits on newspoetry are interested and I have to go back and
look at some of my sources, but off the top of my head:

Erich Fried--"100 poems Without a Country"
Carl Sandburg-- "Smoke and Steel" (and many other collections)
"Against forgetting" ed. Forche
Victor Hernandez Cruz-- "Red Beans and Rice"
William Carlos Williams -- "Paterson"
more to come

hope you are well

Sam

>This is a bibliography of Newspoetry not by Newspoets.

Newspoetry is poetry that mentions
events in the news: especially anachronistic references likely to be lost on
readers of subsequent generations, which are generally jarring when