[Newspoetry] Palindrome Verification Program

gillespie william k gillespi at uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 8 15:05:44 CDT 2001

http://www.wordwork.org/cgi-bin/deepspeed/pvp_beta.cgi

is the current working version of a palidrome checker. At the moment, it
can verify a palidrome's authenticity or reverse a string of letters.

I hope to add a feature that will search a long text for palindromic
strings of at least two words in length - you feed in Hamlet's soliloquy
and it finds reversed text ("sit, ah") (I can't quite figure out how to
do that)...

I also hope to think up a cool name for it, since I took "PVP" and "Deep
Speed" from Nick Montfort.

And, while I don't know if i can make this, I'd really like to see a
tool that can assist in writing epic palindromes by keeping track of any number
of smaller palidromes (with an even number of letters with a space at the
center - palindromes that can be split in two (rats live on / no evil
star" or "step on / no pets")), and providing the author with an interface
that allows her to rearrange the segments ("step on rats live on / no evil
star no pets") while keeping the overall palindrome intact.

Assistance is welcome.

Enjoy!

WillyG