[Newspoetry] Newspoetry Reading in Chicago

Scott Rettberg rettberg at eliterature.org
Wed Jun 13 04:12:04 CDT 2001

Dear Newspoets,

I'd like to invite you all to come down to Chicago in August for a
Newspoetry event sponsored by the ELO, the Illinois Humanities Council, and
UIC. Sometime in August. Would like to coordinate on a date as soon as
possible with William and Joe and hopefully Mr. Futrelle and all others who
can attend. We got a (very small, but enough to chip in on gas to Chicago)
grant from the Illinois Humanities Council for the "Interactions: Reading
and Response" Series -- which brings e-lit artists together with critics for
a) a reading followed by b) questions from the critic and c) Q/A with the
audience. The critic we've recruited for Newspoetry is Steve Tomusula, who
works at Notre Dame and writes on digital art and culture. The event will
take place at UIC's campus in a wired classroom. It will be video-taped and
archived in streaming media on the ELO site.

Is there a time in August that would or would not work particularly well for
newspoets?

All Best,

Scott