[Newspoetry] Straight outta Oaktown

Anne Bargar babs at prairienet.org
Wed Jun 13 11:49:08 CDT 2001

In an informal poll conducted this weekend, it was discovered that 4 out
of 5 ticks prefer Anne to Bob.  This poll was conducted using a pair of
tweezers and a bottle of rubbing alcohol. These findings have a possible
margin of error somewhere around 4 or 5 %, because every poll has a
similar margin of error.  When we ignore the news we ignore the margins of
error, and when the radio waves and newspaper headlines cannot penetrate
through the woods and bore into our skulls we end up ignoring both.

In other news, 98% of all tourists are deeply irritating people in some
form or another.  This percentage has an undefinable margin of error, thus
making it inversely proportionate to the number of people any given person
finds when visiting a tourist attraction.  Or something like that.

-babs