[Newspoetry] Re: I Feel Just Like a Susan + Dance Tonight

charles joseph smith cjsmith2 at students.uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 10 10:31:20 CST 2001

By the way, my poem "I Feel Just Like A Susan" was made in reaction to the
beautiful name I heard--that  'beautiful lady' of protest music known as
Joan Baez. I don't know her personally but I adore that name.

But I love dancing. If you enjoyed yesterday's IMC talent show, there
will be a social dance at the Illini Union at room 314, sponsored by the
Dancing Illini. If you can't dance ballroom, then do freestyle instead.
If you can dance ballroom (that includes Latin or swing dance), then do
it. The dance starts at 8pm tonight. The dance is open to all levels of
dancing. They will do 'DJ-ed' music from everything--from rock tunes to
waltz selections to 70s music to cha-cha-cha favorites. And come as you
are--there is no dress code. You can even dance in your gym shoes!

I can teach you how to dance since I danced ballroom for 7 years.

The dancing is free and open to everyone! Perhaps I will have to introduce
all of you to some of my Dancing Illini friends.

Charles Joseph Smith      "I am called "The Little Lily of Salsa" because
URH, 101 Daniels Hall      I feel like a happy, little lily flower when
1010 W. Green St.          I dance to the salsa music. But I can dance
Urbana, IL 61801-3097      to almost everything I can think of."
(217) 332-2143                           --Myself