[Newspoetry] Ari Fleischer's Weird Nightmare

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue May 15 13:24:31 CDT 2001

The President believes that the only solution to this urgent problem
is to annex British Colombia.  The administration feels very strongly
that we should adopt a zero-tolerance policy with respect to shoes.
The President has indicated his willingness to work closely with the
Mafia.

The President is breaking through the window.  The administration is
clipping the phone line.  The President's task force is committed to
picking the lock.  As I've said many times before, the President is
searching the room.  The President has announced several nominees for
the position of hearing me gasp from behind the clothes in the closet.

I can't answer that question at this time, because my feet are stuck
in crude oil which has inexplicably begun to fill the briefing room.
I'll take one more question from you before the pipeline bursts and
throws me across the room.  I cannot comment on the fact that the
White House lawn is dotted with burning oil wells.

editor-throughout-chief
Newspoetry dawt com