[Newspoetry] ari fleischer's buzzword: between the letters

nicolle neulist ahcopter at midway.uchicago.edu
Sat May 19 11:23:56 CDT 2001

hi all...
i know it's back to the regularly scheduled program soon, but i read
ari's may 17th press briefing back on thursday and couldn't help writing
an acrostic poem about it.
nicky

ari fleischer's buzzword: between the letters

covering one very green angle of the energy issue
our president has crafted a plan
made to thicken his viscous black blood
polls and popular opinion fall to the wayside as he
relies instead on ironclad vows to
encourage the legions of drills and backhoes and
hammers to increase our supply of nonrenewables
even though it means robbing our descendants
never does he regard conservation as a
serious option for solving energy woes
instead he relies on his own figurehead to provide
vibrant inspiration to the american people to make
educated energy usage choices

* "i should have known that i can't change the world *
* by staring at it"                                  *
* "The F-Word"                                       *
* by The Verve Pipe                                  *