[Newspoetry] Attention K-Mart shoppers, Wal-Mart has left the building

Nick Berveiler naberve at ilstu.edu
Thu May 24 22:59:34 CDT 2001

Wal-Mart invades Kmart turf
http://www.pantagraph.com/news/news0523-03.html

This is a hilarious news article, I don't think I've ever seen weirder
politics in bloomington normal! The pantagraph gets rid of its local news
after keeping it online for a week so it might be worth the trouble of
making a copy the web story to link it to my newspoem without the link
getting messed up.

Attention Kmart shoppers, Wal-Mart has left the building

Last holiday season,
I protested sweatshops at Kohl's
kicked out for solicitation,
local newspaper didn't let the news roll.

But the Pantagraph is proud,
with the lowest unemployment rate in Illinois,
Wal-Mart's capitalist dissent looks good
on the front page.

Wal-Mart employees
face the same
No-Solicitation Policy,
but don't mistake this for a joke.
Wal-Mart activism has a dangerous outlook.

Next week Wal-Mart will protest Walgreens chanting:

"Oh what a disaster!
The lines will be longer!
Wal-Mart must be faster!
Ignorance must grow stronger!"