[Newspoetry] Newspoetry Bibliography

Gavroche gavroche at gavroche.org
Thu May 31 00:54:56 CDT 2001

Considering my chosen email address, I should be shot on the barricade for
not mentioning:

Victor Hugo -- Les Chatiments  (The Empire in the Pillory)
                          L 'Annee terrible (The Year of Horrors)

> Incidentally, my criteria for what belongs in this bibliography was just a
> tentative starting point, meant to be refined or overturned.

OK...regarding the criteria....primarily the absence of songwriters.
Perhaps a category:  NewsPoetry Music?  Possible starting point for members:
Phil Ochs, Billy Bragg, Dan Bern
What do others think?  Do songwriters belong?

(We'd have to be careful not to list any who are mainly performers of work
written by others)

John Newmark
gavroche at gavroche.org