[Newspoetry] NYTimes.com Article: Poets' Academy to Cut Its Staff

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 9 14:34:35 CST 2001

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 01:53:14PM -0600, John Wason wrote:
> >It looks like the poetry sector is the latest victim of the sagging economy
> and the >terrorist attacks.
> >
> >Accordingly, Newspoetry is going to have to lay off half of its staff.
> >
> >futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
>
> Well, I have a concern:  WHICH HALF????

Half of each newspoet will be laid off.  We will lay off the right
half, since the left half is purportedly responsible for the language
faculty.

Also, to demonstrate my willingness to sacrifice for the good of the
company, I will slash my pay by 50% from $0 to $0.

editor-until-chief
Newspoetry . kom