[Newspoetry] New York

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 11 13:08:12 CDT 2001

FYI, my sister Genevieve is OK, for those of you who know her.  Her
office is in a building further downtown and faces the WTC.  The last
news from her was from something like an hour after the second tower
collapsed.  At that point she and her co-workers were unable to leave
the building because of the chaos at street level, but were safe from
ash and debris.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 12:53:39PM -0500, Robert Porter wrote:
> At this moment, all artifice and craft seems like an insult to the people
> who have died today, and those who loved them.
>
> There are reasons why this happened, and over the next few days, I'm sure
> this event will be analyzed and rationalized, picked over and processed.
>
> But the bare reality of today's events is an open wound which has not had
> any time to scab over, and all I can think of is that those people have lost
> their lives.
>
> --Bob Porter

editor-along-chief
Newspoetry dod kom