[Newspoetry] FW: pro-peace, anti-racism message

Scott Rettberg rettberg at eliterature.org
Tue Sep 18 14:18:28 CDT 2001

------ Forwarded Message
From: Bob Stein <caxton at earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:57:39 +0800
To: caxton at earthlink.net
Subject: pro-peace, anti-racism message

A group of us in New York have been meeting in the wake of the World
Trade Center disaster.  We agreed that the top priority is to put out
a pro-peace, anti-racism message as widely and as quickly as
possible.  To that end, we have come up with two sayings:

Our grief is not a cry for war!

ISLAM is not the enemy.
WAR is not the answer.
Break the cycle.
Pass it on . . .

They are available as PDF files in several formats, from 8 1/2 X 11"
pages suitable for postering to smaller sizes suitable for printing
out on stickers.  You can download them from:
http://www.freespeech.org/fsitv/html/stickers .

If you agree that it is urgent to spread the word that the American
people do not support Bush's call for wholesale war,please print them
out and pass on the URL as widely as possible--right away.

------ End of Forwarded Message