[Newspoetry] Rumsfeld, The Voice of Caution!?!

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 25 00:15:38 CDT 2001

I guess they're still having trouble getting the story straight or has
Rumsfeld turned soft on us?

Or maybe, once again, the US only wants to stamp out non-US-supported
terrorism?

Those of us that have been working on that one for years all know how
tough that's going to be.
Mike

From:
<http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010924/us/attacks_military_50.html>

Rumsfeld was asked if Bush's goal is to stamp out terrorism.

"What we need to do is deal with terrorism so that it does not threaten
our way of life," he said. "Trying to stamp it out in every single
locale all across the globe in perpetuity sounds like a pretty big task
to me." Eliminating terrorism, he added, is "setting a threshold that is
too high."

President Bush, in contrast, has repeatedly said that his intention is
to "rout out and whip terrorism."

"We will rid the world of evildoers," the president has said.