[Newspoetry] Emptiness by L P

Stephen Peltz 070456 at baldcom.net
Tue Sep 25 21:50:14 CDT 2001

                                                                      Emptiness

With this loss of great tragedy thousands of people have died.
With great sorrow, we have cried for those loved ones who we
never got to say goodbye or see before they died.

Our tears keep running to that empty feeling we have deep within.

There lies such an emptiness that only one could know,
who has lost that special loved one,
no wounds can heel the time will past
each year the emptiness will last.

For the loss of the one we loved has gone so quick, so cruel, so unmeaning,
it hurts not only us but, all who have watch this great tragic loss.

We now have an emptiness deep within over the loss as we cry for our loved ones,
the empty feeling will always be with us,
for that is never lost!