[Newspoetry] Re: Feld's climate change, Anti-Climaxim Complains

Donald L Emerick emerick at chorus.net
Wed Apr 3 14:38:18 CST 2002

Anti-Climaxim Complains
    Of Color Discrimination,
    Or Weather Equalization,
    As Consensual Inhibitions.

I know when I step out of doors,
How weather comes home to me,
What it means to be hot or cold,
Wet or dry, still or blown, day or night.
At least, that's my objective delusion.

I come to think that the weather --
The one that you mention on the air --
Is the weather that happens to me.
It seems so much like representing the true,
That it would be true for all as for you.
Subjective illusion seems pointless, in fact.

So, I balance for illusion and by delusion,
As this pointing to you or me, alternatively,
As ground on which this or that posture stands,
For this pretence and by that offense of weather
Which is yours and mine when together,
And should not ever seem different then.

Shared time means shared space,
Shared space means one place for two,
One place means only one essential being,
Regardless of how those parts may number
When they may think to divide themselves,
One by one, subtract themselves, remove being