[Newspoetry] Living in Mr Cheney's Neighborhood is a blast

Donald L Emerick emerick at chorus.net
Tue Dec 10 13:24:27 CST 2002

Mr. Cheney's Roger-Dodger NeighborHoods

If we had any treaty partners left with stamina to object
they would lodge violation protests and complain that
we are conducting forbidden underground nuclear tests
in the basements of Cheney's vice-presidential mansion...

and demand that the presidential palace compounds,
like Camp David, Cheney Palace, White-Wash Place,
the big crawfish crawling ranch out in Crawford Texas,
the happy little hooterville home in Kennebunkport ME,
and other spots our ever-vacationing presidency haunts --
too numerous to mention, to be sure, and all quiet on-set
they are stars in a National Lampoon vacation movie:
where all that they do wrong is laughably endearing,
and where nothing in the comedy could turn out badly --
be searched like those remote presidential palaces in Iraq
in which once cavorted G.H.W. Bush, old number 43,
now better known by his namesake, USS GHW BUSH.

Thanks for listening
Donald L Emerick